Monday, September 29, 2008

Como Zoo Field Trip

Last week Anabelle's class went on a field trip to Como Zoo and I got to go along as a chaperone!


"So many animals, so little time to liberate them all."


"Or maybe I should go in to keep the poor animals company? Don't worry, zebra! I'll come and play with you!!"


"What do you mean, 'zoos are for people to see the animals'? This is all just for your entertainment? Is this what passes for political enlightenment in preschool nowadays?"


"OK, then, so if we all simply walk away, the zoo will be forced to shut down, right? Let's all march back to the bus, then! Anyone? Anyone??"


"Time for a sit-down protest! Come on, who's with me?"


"Sigh. I tried, poor animals. I tried."


"Whew! All that activism made me hungry! Time to refuel!"

No comments: